Saturday, January 31, 2009

A sweet award

A new friend of mine presented me with this blog award today. This award actually means a lot to me, because of who it comes from and how we met. We met because of Patrick. You see, my brother is helping me with some fundraising. He knows a lot more people than me, because he is more social and he works outside of the home. Anyway, one of the people on his contact list passed on the information to his sister, Elisabeth http://nogreatergift.blogspot.com/. Elisabeth has been actively fundraising for Reece's Rainbow http://www.reecesrainbow.com/ for a while now, so this was already something near and dear to her heart. She was already familiar with Patrick's face and an instant bond was formed. She contacted me, and it sent chills to know, once again, what a small world we live in and how closely we are all connected. Elisabeth has been helping me get more ideas about fundraising together and has been very uplifting to me through her words. Though we have not met, although I hope to one day, she has already been a humongous blessing to our family. So, thank you Elisabeth for all you have done for RR and Patrick.

Lu also presented this award to me. Lu is a wonderful advocate of Reeces Rainbow as well. She pours her heart and soul into raising awareness for all the children at Reeces Rainbow. She has become a dear friend since I first became a part of the RR family. You can see her efforts by visiting her blog at http://thepoppiesblog.blogspot.com/

Please take the time to visit both of these ladies. They have hearts of gold, and they have both come to mean quite a bit to me. Thank you girls!



"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find friends and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships will be propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly- written text into the body of their award."

No comments:

Post a Comment